[Learn English with us] Small Talk – Health and Weather

[Learn English with us] Small Talk – Health and Weather

뉴질랜드타임즈 댓글 0 조회 944 추천 0

Learn English with us!  

9e7142c5563325d4dc3cd7ae0aa957b9_1689757961_12.png

날씨가 많이 추워졌습니다. 게다가 참 변덕스럽죠. 이런 날씨로 인해 주변에 아픈 사람들이 많아진 것 같습니다.

오늘은 small talk로 이런 날씨와 건강에 대한 대화를 연습해 봅시다.

Joanne: Good morning. I'm sorry I couldn't make it to work yesterday. I wasn't feeling well at all.

Andrew: Good morning, Joanne. No worries. How are you feeling today? Is everything okay?

Joanne: Thank you for asking, Andrew. I'm feeling a bit better today, although I'm still a little weak. Hopefully, I'll be back to my normal self soon.

Andrew: That's good to hear. Your health comes first, so make sure you take enough rest and get better soon. 

The weather has been so unpredictable lately.

Joanne: Yes, we've been experiencing sudden changes in temperature and unexpected rain showers. It's been quite a rollercoaster. 

Andrew: And you know what's even more surprising? Many people at the office have been falling ill recently.

Joanne: Really? That's unfortunate. These sudden changes can weaken our immune systems and make us more susceptible to getting sick.

Andrew: Exactly. It's like the weather is affecting our health indirectly. It's a good reminder for all of us to take extra precautions and prioritize our well-being, especially during these unpredictable times.

Joanne: I completely agree. We should be more mindful of our health and take necessary measures to protect ourselves. It's important to stay hydrated, maintain a balanced diet, and get enough rest.

Andrew: Absolutely. It's also worth mentioning that maintaining personal hygiene, like washing our hands frequently, can help prevent the spread of germs. We should all be mindful of that, especially in the workplace.

Joanne: Definitely. It's better to be proactive and prevent illnesses rather than dealing with the consequences later. I'll keep that in mind when I return to the office.

Andrew: That's a wise approach. Remember, your well-being comes first, so take the time you need to fully recover. We'll manage things here until you're back.

Joanne: Thank you for your support, Andrew. I appreciate it. I'll rest up and get back to work as soon as I'm feeling better. If there's anything important I missed, please fill me in.

Andrew:  Of course, Joanne. I'll keep you updated on any significant developments. Just focus on getting well. Take care and let us know if you need anything.

Joanne: Thanks again, Andrew. I'll take care of myself and keep you informed. Have a productive day, and I'll see you soon.

Andrew: You too, Joanne. Take care and get well soon. 

Vocabulary

susceptible 민감한, …을 할 수 있는   /   unpredictable 예측할 수 없는     /      precautions 예방책

hygiene 위생      /   germ 세균     /      immune systems 면역 체계      /      consequence 결과

(Resource: English Language Partners)

fb8afcd7263b5369fc17fdca218793f5_1621567571_579.jpg

English Language Partners North Shore 

Phone : 09 489 2078   |   Email: northshore@englishlanguage.org.nz

카톡 아이디: ELPNorthShore   |   카톡 채널: http://pf.kakao.com/_xcxnKHK

Joanne Lee  (노스쇼어센터 Coordinator)

저작권자 © ‘뉴질랜드 정통 교민신문’ 뉴질랜드타임즈, 무단 전재 및 재배포 금지

이 게시글에 달린 댓글 총 0

애드 프라자